Do I just turn up and fish and someone comes and collects my money?
- All anglers and guests must report to the cabin before fishing and purchase their ticket
I have a tent but it is black is that okay?
- Specimen 1 Lake - No Tent allowed, only Bivvies, Green or Camo.
Umbrellas must be Black or dark Blue
- Specimen 2 - Tents allowed - Any colour
- Match Lake - Tents allowed - Any colour
How big are the lakes?
- Specimen Lake 1 - 6.5 Acres - Swims = 23, comprising of single, doubles and triples
- Specimen Lake 2 - 4.5 Acres - Swims = 24, comprising of single, doubles and triples
- Match lake - 3.4 Acres - Swims = 41, comprising of singles and family swims
Do I need to book for a day ticket?
- No, but you can call early evening the day before to check availability
Do I need to book for night fishing?
- As of January 2013 we allow you to just turn up, however swims are subject to availability and not guaranteed.
- You can still pre book if you wish to guarantee your swim by calling 07946 847 703
- If you have pre booked a special swim and you do not arrive within an hour of your specified arrival time we may sell your allocated swim, we will try to call you but if we get no response then we reserve the right to sell to another angler.
Are there any toilets available?
- Yes and they are kept as clean and tidy as possible but if you do have any problems then call into the Cabin and let us know. They are located next to the main car park.
What are the Shop opening times?
- The Cabin is open all day during normal fishery hours, If however you find that the cabin is unattended there is a number to contact us on.
Are the gates locked when night fishing?
- Yes, there is no entry or exit once the gates are locked. Unless by prior arrangement or incase of emergency. Please do not come to fish at night if you are possibly expecting an event that may require you to exit for example: pregnancy, family sickness, wrong equipment (no cover for rain or incorrect clothing for cold periods)
If however there is an unexpected emergency and you do need to exit there will be a fee for our standby bailiff of £20 >
Also see - Can you keep the gates unlocked at night? below.
Can I use barbed or micro barbed hooks?
- No, and no modified barbed or micro barbed hooks
Can I bring guests?
- Yes however since July 1st 2013 we charge for all guests staying, we no longer allow free guests, for Health and Safety reasons we need to know who is onsite.
Can I bring pets?
- No, we have decided that this year we will not allow pets on the grounds due to the fact that on occasions last year pets were left alone for long periods or they upset other visitors to the complex as well as fouling that the animals leave is not always picked up. For the benefit of everyone's safety and enjoyment we do not allow them.
Are there any bins?
- No, we operate a policy where all our visitors must take any rubbish they have with them back home.
Can you keep the gates unlocked at night?
- No, we cannot for security reasons.
There will always be a bailiff on duty for emergency's only by calling 07958336691.
Non emergency call outs to this number will be charged an unlock fee of £20 to open the gates.
What’s at the bottom of the lakes?
- None of the lakes have weeds on the bottom, they consist of gravel, clay and silt.
Are bait boats allowed on the lakes?
- We allow bait boats on Specimen 1 & 2 Lakes only
How old do I have to be to fish A12 Cuton Lakes?
- You must be 16 years and above to fish Cuton Lakes without Adult supervision.
- You can still fish if you are younger however you will need to be accompanied by an adult 18+.
Do I need a fishing Licence?
- Yes, you need a fishing licence to fish any open water in the UK by law.
What are your opening times?
- Fishery opening times - Monday to Sunday 07:15 to Dark
Do you have food facilities available?
- Cold drinks are available including snacks from The Cabin
Can I buy equipment and Bait onsite?
- Yes, the Cabin stocks a wide variety of Bait, Tackle and Equipment.
Including brands such as, Nash, Avid Carp, 30+, Keyston, Korum, Gardner, Theseus Carp, Sensas, Preston Innovations, Middy, Premier Floats, ZLT, Nisa, Vespa, Nash Baits, Mainline, Richworth, Ocean Fresh, Sonubaits, Van Den Eynde, Dynamite, Marukyu, Got Baits and still many more, we also stock Gas, Batteries and bottled water.
Who owns Cuton Lakes?
- Cuton Lakes Ltd is a privately owned family business, it is not owned or managed by any part of the Chelmsford City Council. We therefor ask that you abide by our rules as we reserve the right to have anyone removed our premises in the result of verbal, physical abuse and any other unlawful act.